Sunday, January 10, 2010

WEEK TWO ON THE JOURNEY - REMEMBERING WHERE WE'VE BEEN

Last week we listed the dreams we'd like to have come true in the next year. But this week, we're to take a look back at the dreams we've already had come true, the goals we've already achieved. So, in no particular order, here are mine:

  • I wanted to learn to sculpt, primarily dogs. I couldn't find any instructional books, videos, or classes in my area to teach me what I wanted to learn, so I taught myself through trial and error
  • I wanted to sell my original sculptures. I sold the second one I created and have sold hundreds since then
  • I've also sold hundreds of whimsical clay miniatures as well
  • My pieces have been purchased by people all over the world - England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Canada, Spain, Italy, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Germany, Japan, China
  • I had a book on creating Christmas ornaments of polymer clay published by Design Originals
  • I have had numerous projects published in magazines
  • My designs have also appeared in several other collaborative books
  • I have had several articles about myself and my work appear in several magazines
  • I worked as a freelance designer for Polyform Products and American Art Clay Company
  • I was flown all expenses paid to Atlanta, GA by Plaid Enterprises, Inc. and paid as a designer to work with their products for several days alongside other designers. What a wonderful trip that was! We were treated very well by Plaid.
  • I was contacted by producers of the Carol Duvall TV show and asked if I would like to appear on their show. I did nothing to solicit them, they came to me, and it was very flattering. Things didn't work out for a myriad of reasons. By then, I had realized that craft designing was NOT where my heart was at all, so I guess things worked out as they should. But I received high praise from the producers and from Carol Duvall herself. So, like they say with the Academy Awards, it was nice just to be nominated. LOL
  • I have designed art for product packaging for Plaid Enterprises
  • I have been commissioned by breed clubs to create art that was used as trophies for winning placements
  • I have been paid well to teach others to work with clay
  • I have received high praise from two artists whose work I am a HUGE fan of - that was worth more than gold to me :o)
  • I created my first needle felted teddy bear and love how he came out
  • I have taught myself html code
  • Created my blog
  • Created my own website which I am now in the process of recreating
  • I've learned to create and edit videos - even if I do still need a bit of work on that! LOL
  • I found true love and remarriage after divorce
  • I had a second child, after suffering through two stillbirths, and have two children I love dearly who are now grown
  • I lived right on the beach in Cocoa Beach, FL with the ocean in my backyard :o)
  • I paid cash for my beloved Mustang GT
  • Purchased our first house
  • Remodeled our house
  • I've successfully shown much loved champion Boxers and English Cocker Spaniels
  • I've helped take care of 3 month old tiger cubs (well mostly I played with them, but I did bottle feed them a few times too! LOL)
  • I learned to ride horses when I was kid, and talked my parents into letting me have one. One of my first dreams come true! My parents figured I would lose interest, so they told me I could have a horse if I saved enough money for one. After a year and a half of saving every penny I earned or was gifted with, I had raised 2/3's of the money needed, and they kicked in the rest, and I got my horse Shane.
  • I rediscovered my love of writing and I'm about halfway through the writing of my first novel
  • Learned how to make bullet lists on blogger LOL
I know there's more, but this is all that comes to mind right now, and it's a pretty good start I think. :o)

5 comments:

SugarberrySensations said...

Ginny, I can not tell you how much I enjoyed reading your dreams that you have accomplished - it was FABULOUS!

You are indeed a lucky girl, but a lot of your luck comes from you being so INCREDIBLY TALENTED!!! I ♥love♥ your work!

Hugs,
Lori
ABCcreativity said...

pretty fantastic start ginny!
Carrie Anspach said...

Very impressive and inspiring list! I love how many times your dream came to you unsolicited....beautiful :)
Redheaded Stepchild said...

Wow - great list Ginny! You got to play with tiger cubs?!?!? How cool is that?
Ginny Baker said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone. I'm headed over to your blogs now to respond! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment